This scholarship shall be awarded once per year to an active LEVA member wishing to attend one of the Forensic Video related courses offered by LEVA in the LEVA Lab at the University of Indianapolis.
A member can receive the scholarship only once.
Five nights lodging at the LEVA contracted hotel at the single occupancy rate is included and the respective tuition fee for the course will be waived.
Submit the APPLICATION no later than 60 days prior to the first day of the class desired. Individuals will be notified of the results approximately 60 days before day one of the class.
The LEVA Executive Director is responsible for awarding this scholarship. This scholarship shall be awarded to an employee of a Public Safety agency. To be eligible to receive the Mike Block Training Scholarship, any LEVA member, who submits an application, must be ‘in good standing’ with the organization; i.e., their LEVA membership is current and up-to-date; and meet any other requirements as set forth by the LEVA Board of Directors.
Any LEVA member who is approved and receives any Mike Block Training Scholarship funds and/or assistance agrees to the following:
- LEVA will reserve the single-occupancy room in the student's name.
- The waived tuition includes:
- Travel between the LEVA contracted hotel and LEVA Lab.
- Lunch each class day at the university cafeteria.
- Complimentary seat in the respective course.
- Only the core LEVA courses, Levels 1 through 4 apply.
- You must conduct yourself in an exemplary manner to reflect the highest possible ethical and professional status of your agency and LEVA.
Please complete the application form and email, fax or mail to the LEVA business office as requested in the form. If approved to receive a Mike Block Training Scholarship funds, the Executive Director will notify you as soon as possible.