LEVA Level 2: Digital Multimedia Evidence Processing
The LEVA Level 2 course builds on the concepts of the LEVA Level 1 course. The public expectation today is that if a crime occurs, there will be video/audio of the incident. There is a significant, specific skill set that investigators need to PROPERLY handle and process the digital multimedia evidence that gets collected. If the DME is not handled and processed carefully, according to best practices, the video/audio might not be interpreted accurately. This course exposes students to more advanced theory and hands-on techniques that conform to the Best Practices for the Acquisition and Processing of Digital Multimedia Evidence (DME).
LOCATION: Metro Nashville Police Department, Midtown Hills Police Precinct, 1441 12th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37203
Public Safety Price is just $1,000!
Who Can Apply?
Applicants must have successfully completed LEVA’s “Level 1: Forensic Video Analysis & the Law” course.
- Employees of any international, federal, state/provincial, or local public safety agency including the Dept. of Defense and Dept. of Homeland Security, may apply. Also, students currently enrolled in a bonafide college or university criminal justice program. An applicant for educational pricing should be either a person who is a full-time instructor at a nationally accredited educational facility or is a full-time student. Neither can be employed in the imaging industry. *Tuition rate is below.
- A select number of seats are available to the private sector (for-profit businesses) who successfully completed LEVA’s Level 1 course noted above. LEVA recognizes that private forprofit businesses occasionally assist law enforcement in the creation or processing of video evidence; therefore. Private sector applicants must obtain a current national criminal background check and attach the results to the course application. Private sector applicants must be able to demonstrate that a significant percentage of their current work responsibility involves processing video images on behalf of law enforcement, government or prosecutorial agencies. With the exception of those applicants who supply video analysis services or CCTV equipment, other private sector applicants whose responsibilities include the development, sales or marketing of products or services to law enforcement will not be considered.
Credits and Certificate:
Successful completion of this basic level course satisfies a requirement toward LEVA’s Forensic Video Analyst and Technician certifications.
Students not seeking Certification may receive a Certificate of Attendance without taking the final course written examination.
- At any time during the course, a student may elect not to take the final exam or may choose not to accept the results of the final exam. Students who elect either choice are eligible to retake the exam.
- Only those students, who achieve a passing grade in the course, including the final exam, will receive a Certificate of Completion. All others will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
- Students must achieve a Certificate of Completion in lower level courses in order to be eligible to write a higher-level exam.
- Students, who ‘opt-out’ of the course exam for any reason, may elect to write the exam at any regularly scheduled LEVA exam time offered at the University of Indianapolis during any of the core courses or the LEVA Annual Training Conference.
- The rescheduled exam must be taken within twelve months of the course taken.
- Students may retake an exam only once. If a passing score is not achieved, the student must retake the course.
Students are responsible for securing their own lodging and ground transportation to / from the airport.
LEVA will provide transportation between the recommended hotel and class each day.
- Embassy Suites, 1811 Broadway, Nashville, TN
Nightly rate (which includes WiFi and full breakfast): $189.00
DEADLINE TO RESERVE A ROOM AT THE DISCOUNTED RATE IS AUGUST 3.
Upon registering for the class, a link will be emailed to make a reservation directly to the LEVA block of rooms.
Nearest Major Airport: Nashville (BNA) 20 minutes from hotel.
The course will end by 3:30 P.M. on that Friday. Students should avoid scheduling a flight out Friday evening before 6:30 P.M.
Breakfast is included in the hotel rate. Other meals are the responsibility of the student.
LEVA subsidizes training for Government agencies and non-profit organizations that offer forensic video services to law enforcement. Private sector, for-profit companies must pay the unsubsidized fee.
- $1,000 for full-time employees of law enforcement / public safety / government / educational
- $2,000 for Corporate / Private Sector employees
Unless otherwise arranged with LEVA, students accepted to attend must pay the course fee by Aug 18, 2017. You can pay on-line when registering. Other payment options are check, wire transfer and credit card (Visa, Mastercard and American Express only).
With the exception of war, government regulation, disaster, strikes or exigent circumstances, a refund will be approved minus a $25 service charge. As an alternative, a student who must cancel may apply the full amount as a credit to a future LEVA class. Credit from a class cannot be applied for the annual conference registration.
Fill in the online application by August 8, 2017
You will be notified via e-mail that your application was received and its status of acceptance.
Graduates of the course receive a LEVA certificate indicating successful completion of the 40-hour curriculum. That certificate should NOT be interpreted as a certification of any type. Registering for any LEVA class indicates they fully understand they are not receiving a certification from any one LEVA course and must refer to this training as LEVA's on their resume, CV or any discoverable document. This class is not conducted to officially endorse any product or service.
|Event Date||08-28-2017 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||09-01-2017 3:30 pm|
|Cut off date||08-12-2017|
|Location||Metro Nashville Police Department|