LEVA Level 3: The Principles of Forensic Video/Image Compare and Contrast
WHO CAN APPLY: Graduates of the LEVA Levels 1 and 2 courses.
Course Location: The course will be hosted by the Nottinghamshire Police and held in partnership at Nottingham Trent University, School of Science & Technology, Clifton Lane, Nottingham NG11 8NS.
Course Instructor: Tracy Peloquin, LEVA Certified Forensic Video Analyst
Course Overview: The Principles of Video/Image Compare and Contrast focuses on the science of comparing known objects with CCTV images of questioned objects. The process of cataloguing class characteristics and unique characteristics found in questioned evidence is examined in detail. Using the latest imaging technologies, students are exposed to an advanced scientific workflow for the hands-on analysis of video evidence, comparative chart production, criminal-case report writing and courtroom presentation.
Public Safety Price is just USD $1,675!
- Understand and articulate consistencies and inconsistencies between similar objects.
- Identify class characteristics and unique characteristics in known or questioned objects.
- Develop effective Standard Operating Procedures, including note taking.
- Prepare video evidence for court.
- Understand the boundaries for the forensic video export in court.
- Develop competency with the production of comparison charts.
- Develop basic skills in the examination of video evidence using the latest imaging technologies
- Develop advanced strategies for the examination of video evidence.
- Produce effective courtroom presentations
Who Can Apply
- Employees of any international, federal, state/provincial, or local public safety agency may apply.
An applicant for educational pricing should be either a person who is a full-time instructor at a nationally accredited educational facility or is a full-time student. Neither can be employed in the imaging industry. *Tuition rate is below.
- A select number of seats are available to the private sector (for-profit businesses).
With the exception of those applicants who supply video analysis services or CCTV equipment, other private sector applicants whose responsibilities include the development, sales or marketing of products or services to law enforcement will not be considered.
Credits and Certificate
LEVA will also issue a certificate to each student who passes the course.
Successful completion of this basic level course satisfies a requirement toward LEVA’s Forensic Video Analyst certification.
Students not seeking Certification may receive a Certificate of Attendance without taking the final course written examination.
- At any time during the course, a student may elect not to take the final exam or may choose not to accept the results of the final exam. Students who elect either choice are eligible to retake the exam.
- Only those students, who achieve a passing grade in the course, including the final exam, will receive a Certificate of Completion. All others will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
- Students must achieve a Certificate of Completion in lower level courses in order to be eligible to write a higher-level exam.
- Students, who ‘opt-out’ of the course exam for any reason, may elect to write the exam at any regularly scheduled LEVA core course exam time or the LEVA Annual Training Conference.
- The rescheduled exam must be taken within twelve months of the course taken.
- Students may retake an exam only once. If a passing score is not achieved, the student must retake the course.
Travel & Accommodation
Students are responsible for securing their own lodging and all ground transportation to / from the airport and between the hotel and class each day.
The course will end by 3:30 P.M. on that Friday.
All meals are the responsibility of the student. There is a cafeteria on-site.
Payment options are credit card, cheque and wire transfer. Payment must be in US dollars.
LEVA subsidizes training for Government students. Private sector applicants must pay the unsubsidized fee.
- $1,675 USD (government, law enforcement, public safety, educational)
- $2,300 USD (corporate / private sector)
Unless otherwise arranged with LEVA, students accepted to attend must pay the course fee by August 30, 2019. Only when an applicant is offered a seat and confirms the invitation should payment be processed.
With the exception of war, government regulation, disaster, strikes or exigent circumstances, a refund will be approved minus a USD25 service charge. As an alternative, a student who must cancel may apply the full amount as a credit to a future LEVA class.
Fill in the on-line registration by August 23, 2019
You will be notified via e-mail that your application was received and its status of acceptance.
Graduates of the course receive a LEVA certificate indicating successful completion of the curriculum. That certificate should NOT be interpreted as a certification of any type. Registering for any LEVA class indicates they fully understand they are not receiving any certification from any one LEVA course and must refer to this training as LEVA's on their resume, CV or any discoverable document. This class is not conducted to officially endorse any product or service.
|Event Date||09-09-2019 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||09-13-2019 5:00 pm|
|Location||Nottingham Trent University, UK|