LEVA is a non-profit corporation established in 1989 committed to improving the quality of video training and promoting the use of state-of-the-art, effective equipment in the law enforcement and emergency services community. We make a positive contribution to a more competent public safety establishment.
To serve as a key resource to the global public safety community by focusing on the needs of video production and forensic imaging disciplines by providing opportunities for professional development through quality training and informational exchange.
LEVA members are from International, Federal, state and local local law enforcement, public safety and emergency services agencies. Other members are those who wish to promote training and education through the video media, and commercial companies who partner with LEVA in support of its mission.
- To bring special attention and focus on the public safety video user.
- To promote a healthy interface between members, sponsors and commercial video entities.
- To provide a reliable network and communications channel for all public safety video professionals.
- To expand upon the educational base of the public safety video user.
- To provide a technical database to assist members in making informed and educated video equipment purchases.
Although LEVA does not endorse any particular manufacturer or company product, our members are very knowledgeable about video equipment and are consulted by their employers and other public safety agencies for recommendations of potential purchases of video equipment. Areas of knowledge and expertise include video analysis, image analysis, in-car video systems, surveillance video equipment, crime scene and documentation equipment, training, multimedia and production equipment, as well as other video usage support related items.